What is Counselling?
When your problems feel too overwhelming to work through on your own, too complicated, or you prefer not to share them with friends or family, talking to a professional counsellor provides a safe, supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment for you to explore your concerns and develop strategies to manage your situation.
Benefits of counselling:
- Being more accepting of your self and others
- Ability to set goals for your future, from short to medium to long term
- Having a safe, non judgmental place to talk
- Tap into your inner potential
- Getting your message across without an argument
- Feeling better about yourself
- Reduces stress
- Able to problem solve
- Feel more at peace, comfortable in yourself and your abilities
- Move from a life of problem saturation to solution focus
- Understand your own thoughts, feelings and behaviours and then have choice about what you do
- No longer feeling isolated, unloved or unheard
Counselling can help you change behaviours and reactions that no longer work for you. Counselling is not about simply talking about your problems, nor is it about being given advice. Counselling involves you being proactive and moving towards positive change. I can help and support you to move towards that positive change bringing with it self awareness and self-empowerment.
This proven success is due to years of clinic experience with couples and individuals alike, using such tools as Neuro Linguist Programme (NLP), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and a swag of other therapies, as well as good old-fashioned honesty about your problems and the internal belief structure that supports them.
So if you think you would like to start counselling with me then give me a call on 02 8090 4122, 0414 718 338 or email me on Toni@TLCounselling.com.au.